Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Chicka Chicka Theme Week Day 1

I've decided to do "Theme Weeks" with Izzie. This week, we'll be reading Chicka Chick Boom Boom and Chicka Chicka 123. Our activities will involve the alphabet and counting to 5. Today, we started out by reading Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, then Izzie and I played with her Tot Book that I just recently completed. I found the template at 1+1+1= 1. However, I did change a few things and added some items to customize it for Izzie.


Counting Coconut Tree Book (goes from number 1 to number 5). The individual coconuts are in the bottom envelope. Each page states how many coconuts are on the tree, then Izzie has to put the correct number of coconuts on the tree.

The Chicka Chicka Dance Song can be found here.

What Shape Is In The Letter?, My Name, and What Color Is The Tree? can be found at 1+1+1=1. I did change What Color Is The Tree...I painted the individual trees in Paint and had Izzie match the correct color clothespin (she calls them alligators) to the proper color tree.


This was Izzie's first time using clothespins. She had a hard time trying to open them and she did pinch her little finger once. However, this was her favorite activity in the Tot Book. She really enjoys matching colors!




































The adorable alphabet letters can be found at 1+1+1=1.








I found the Chicka Chicka Beginning Sounds Cards here.












After the Tot Book, Izzie made her own Coconut Tree. ABC and 123 has a lot of activities for Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and Chicka Chicka 123.














I laminated the tree and placed it on the refrigerator. While I re-read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Izzie placed the alphabet magnets on her coconut tree. She did really well identifying the letters.


We finished by watching the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom DVD that we checked out from the library. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom can also be watched on YouTube.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...