Saturday, October 17, 2009

Matching Objects To Pictures

Matching Objects To Pictures...Apples and Worms!

I made three apples (red, green, and yellow), 2 worms (1 long worm, 1 worm coming out of a hole), 1 empty hole, 2 type of leaves (1 leaf and 2 leaves), and 2 type of stems (thick and thin). I placed all the materials on a tray that I found at the Dollar General Store for $1.
I took pictures of different apple designs, printed and laminated each apple card design, then placed in a bowl.

I had Izzie choose an apple design card to match and create on the felt board.

She did really well picking out the correct materials to use, but had a difficult time manipulating the materials on the felt board to get it to look exactly like the picture.

Homemade felt board...old picture frame without glass. I love how it can sit-up!!

I found this activity at Itty Bitty Love.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! Esp. the felt board. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - this is amazing! You are so creative, I love this idea - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great activity!!!! So creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used a picture frame to make the felt board. Very clever. I haven't seen that anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...