Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day Felt Gift Set

Last week, I was so excited when I won the Little Crickets Felt Food Tutorial from Live, Learn, Love! I've been wanting to make Izzie and Mac and felt mailbox set for awhile, so I was thrilled with the Post Office pattern.

I've been working hard and having so much fun creating this set for their Valentine's Day gift!

This is their set...I used Little Crickets tutorial as a guideline and I added some customized details for Izzie and Mac and added a few treats too!

I created 4 envelopes, 4 Valentine's cards, 6 stamps, and 6 name labels.

4 Valentine's Cards

6 stamps and 6 name labels...with Velcro attached to the back of each.

I really hope they enjoy stuffing the envelopes with the Valentine's cards and adding the stamps and name labels.

I decided not to make the carrier bag from Little Crickets. Instead, Izzie received this cute little puppy tote for Easter one year and it wasn't being "used", so I decided to recycle it! I simply sewed the word "MAIL" on the top...quick and simple mail bag for her to carry the letters in!

I really wanted to make the felt mailbox from Little Crickets, but with time running out, I decided to use this adorable pink mailbox that I found at Target for $1. The letters fit perfectly inside...all four can fit at the same time! However, I do plan on eventually making the felt mailbox. Annette at Live, Learn, Love did make the mailbox...if you're curious to see what it looks like, click here.

Well, everyone needs a little treat with their Valentine's Day card..

I found this white gift box at Michael's for $1.49. I added scrapbooking paper to the top, using Mod Podge, ribbons to tie it shut, and Velcro pieces, so a stamp and name label could be added.

And, inside I made 9 Valentine sugar cookies! Yum! Yum!

In addition, I picked up this little box from Duncan Donuts. Again, I added scrapbook paper to the front and Velcro pieces for the stamp and name label.

Inside the box...3 delicious donuts! I'm so excited with the way these donuts turned out!

I hope Izzie and Mac enjoy their Valentine's Day gift and have many hours of fun playing with it...at least, I know I will!!

5 comments:

  1. I love how you did what you could, but used what you had to make it work for you! Each of those little things takes time!

    I also felt the need to make my envelopes personalized. I didn't do the velro though...didn't have any. I embroidered our names on the envelopes. BUT I'm not quite done...didn't do any while Derek was out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They came out great!!!! How much fun they will have with them :) I am just starting to get into felt....where did you get the velcro for them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look fantastic, and I am sure your girls will love playing with them. I have always admired the felt food/toys but haven't had the confidence to try them yet. Maybe I will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project! Love the letters the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable. What a perfect gift for your children. I can imagine how much fun they are going to have with all of these beautiful goodies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...