Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Izzie LOVES reading books by Dr. Seuss! One of her favorites is "Green Eggs and Ham".

To celebrate his birthday today, we had GREEN eggs and bacon! Unfortunately, Izzie's response to the eggs, "I do not like green eggs, I do not like them, Mama." I even offered them to her in a house, with a mouse, in a box, with a fox, in a car, in a tree, on a train, in the dark, in the rain, with a goat, in a boat, but...she would not eat them here or there, she would not eat them anywhere!

To celebrate, we played a phonics game. I printed off this adorable beginning sounds activity and turned it into a file folder game. Izzie matched up the sounds of each to the correct letter. This was a fun way to incorporate speech therapy!

Hope everyone enjoyed snuggling with your little ones and reading many Dr. Suess books today! I sure did!

Last fall, we did several activities with "Ten Apples Up On Top", click here to see!

1 comment:

  1. That's B's favorite book too. I'm going to print that file folder game. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...