Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Advent Day 1: Creation

Last year, I was really inspired by Nicole at Tired, Need Sleep and her family tradition of a Jesse Tree for Advent. This year, I knew I wanted to incorporate a Jesse Tree into our family tradition too! I am so thankful that Nicole took the time to share her Jesse Tree information...schedule of Bible stories, prayer cards, and ornaments for the tree.

Sunday, the first day of Advent, we explained the Jesse Tree concept to Izzie, who was thrilled to learn that she was going to have her own little Christmas tree with very special ornaments, that she would receive each night. I really wanted my husband to part of our new tradition; therefore, we are waiting until evening to read our focused Bible story with craft/activity.

Advent Day 1: Creation

After reading the Story of Creation, Izzie placed the world ornament on the tree.

(I simply made it out of felt and added some glitter glue for details.)

She also colored this (I created in Word and thought that I saved it to share, oops...I'll recreate and add a printable one in the near future) to add to her Bible Study binder.

Then, Izzie used her story sequencing cards to retell us the story.


I added a felt board (one side of a cereal box covered in felt) to her Bible Study binder with her sequence cards...I'm leaving her binder out, so she can have access to all the materials.

Izzie and Mac really enjoyed playing with their Creation Bean Bags...Izzie was using them to retell the story and to match up with the sequence cards.

I'm so thankful that we're starting this new tradition with our girls! It's a great way to explain the real reason for the Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...